LR Staff to host “Friday Fun Day,” the day before Winter Break

Sawyer Steffens, Student Writer

A Fun Friday will be held at Lake Roosevelt High School on Dec. 16 from 8:15am-1:00pm the day before Christmas break, and it will be hosted by Lake Roosevelt staff.

With it being a short day and the last day before winter break, the LRHS staff agreed to give everyone a break and have a fun, Christmas-themed day, encouraging all students to participate with activities that fit each student’s interests and be entertaining for everyone.

The activities vary from a quiet reading room to sports games in the gymnasium. 

The activities listed are The Grinch with popcorn and hot cocoa, coloring, reading, board games, BINGO, sugar cookie and gingerbread cookie baking, group games, glassblowing, chess, drawing, art, basketball games, volleyball games, karaoke, Elf movie, and computer games. 

All teachers are participating in this event.

“I’m excited. I think it’s good to have a fun day with students and enjoy each other’s company. It’s hard to prepare for class the day before a break, not all students are present. It’s good to get to know each other and have fun,” said Mr. Caudell, who will be playing Scrabble in his classroom.

Each teacher has chosen an activity for their classroom. Some staff members are working together. 

“It’s going to be fun walking around to do different things. I’ll be spending most of my time in the gym playing basketball or volleyball games. I will also be in Mrs. Duclos’s room baking cookies,” said Roscoe Owhi.

The schedule has two sessions: First session is first through fourth period. The second session is the fifth through seventh periods. 

Students will return from Winter Break on January 3.